Caretti Inc. has been providing top of the line concrete and masonry construction and restoration since 1959. Since then to meet the increased demand Caretti Inc has been divided into 2 divisions. The one side is to handle all of the new construction while the other handles the restoration and repairs. Formed in 1997 and based out of Berwick Pennsylvania Caretti Restoration and Preservation handles all work involving the repair, restoration, and preservation of stone, terra cotta, concrete, and brick masonry assemblies.
Caretti Restoration and Preservation Services, LLC currently employs approximately 50 full time restoration technicians who are each trained and experienced in the installation and restoration techniques required within the industry. Caretti, Inc. currently employs in excess of 240 masonry technicians of whom approximately 35 are classified as specialized stone masonry carvers and technicians. All operations undertaken by Caretti R&P are directly managed and supervised by the Division Manager, Project Manager, Operations Manager, Field Superintendent and select site foreman. Additional assistance, when required, to address scheduling concerns and/or labor force requirements is provided by technicians employed by Caretti’s Maryland Branch Facility and new construction division. At present, approximately 290 journeyman mechanics are employed between our two divisions thereby allowing Caretti the resources necessary to perform project’s secured by each division within required time frames.
- The Division Manager, Bill Lecher has over 30 years’ experience in the masonry restoration field. Additionally the firms Special Projects Manager, Mr. Ralph Hart and the Field Superintendent, Mr. Stanley Hepler have worked solely in the restoration field for over 23 years each. Each has been trained and certified in specific techniques and materials including Jahn repair materials, architectural cleaning of historic structures, dutchman repairs, historic masonry restoration, stone masonry repair, concrete repair methods and materials, fluid applied coatings, retrofit anchor installation other such techniques typically required within the restoration field.
- Facilities: Caretti’s restoration facility and warehouse is located in Berwick, Pa. Caretti’s new construction division and corporate headquarters are headquartered in Camp Hill, Pa. In conjunction, these facilities afford the firm efficient access to all storage facilities, trucking and equipment as necessary to perform all projects in an efficient manner.
Bill Lecher, Operations Manager/Estimator
Bill has been employed in the field of masonry construction for over 20 years, beginning his career immediately upon HS graduation. Since that time Bill was promoted to a project foreman in 1995 and subsequently selected to undergo training as a project estimator in 2005 based upon his level of knowledge within the industry. Due to the growth of Caretti R&P in recent years, Bill was re-assigned to the division in early 2010 from Caretti, Inc., the parent firm. Bill is thoroughly experienced in cost estimating and budget projections for projects ranging in size up to approximately $7,000,000 and including structures of all types including educational facilities, high and mid rise facades, industrial complexes and sports/entertainment venues. Bills re-assignment to the restoration industry has now allowed him to add cost estimating of repair and restoration work scopes to his repertoire.
- 21 years experience as a certified masonry construction and repair technician
- 15 years experience as a foreman/superintendent in the field of masonry restoration
- 7 years experience as a unit masonry/masonry restoration estimator/project manager
- Project size range to 4 million
- Union affiliated PCC technician – 22 years BAC Local 5 union affiliation
Ralph Hart, Estimator/Project Manager
Ralph began his 40 year career in the masonry construction industry working for his uncle’s company in Williamsport, PA. He became successively a journeyman bricklayer, masonry foreman and general superintendent, joining the Caretti group of companies in 1998. Ralph won craftsmanship awards for installation of brick sculpture at the Williamsport Transit Station, masonry installation of the HazletonTransit Station, and stonemasonry on the new Commonwealth Medical College in Scranton. Ralph was masonry general Superintendent for the University of Scranton Unified Science Center completed in 2012. His multi-craft experience includes masonry and stonemasonry restoration, Jahn mortar restoration systems, air barriers, recladding, sealants & coatings and solid project logistics.
Stan Hepler, Field Superintendent
Stan began his career at Caretti in the 1990’s after completing his apprenticeship for both stone and brick masonry as well as undergoing training as a tile setter. Based upon his attention to detail and his desire to expand upon his level of skill and knowledge, he was promoted to a project foreman very early in his career. In time, Stan was given the task of supervising and managing projects which were increasingly intricate in nature. Although his training had focused on new construction stone masonry, he expressed a desire to focus on repair and restoration projects and was subsequently re-assigned to the firms restoration division in 2003. Serving as lead foreman, he successfully performed numerous high profile and/or historical projects including several landmark structures. He was promoted to Field Superintendent of the division in 2008 supervising a crew of approximately 10 project foremen and 35 to 40 field technicians.